People might tell you that you don’t need any of those third-party tools other than your Digital Audio Workstation. In the current age, these plugins and tools are very necessary to create a masterpiece and get the job done. No matter if you are Ableton, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Reason user or use anything else. You will need something that might help you to sugar coat your composition. You still need something more. Here are a few plugins that you might want to have a look at.
Brought by Apple not so long ago, the free distortion and saturation tool for free. You will be able to find this tool very easily online. This is nothing new for people who create some crazy music and many music producers use this plugin to get things done for themselves. Prominent features of the plugin include:
- Capacity to diverse different twisting composes
- Easy and simple compressor with the “Phat” mode
- Very effective when it comes to ‘MIDI Learn’ work.
- Combination of different valuable Preset patches to get you started
You might want to have a look at different tutorials and music masterpieces using Spectrum that also offers Spectrum TV online that takes entertainment and education to a whole new level.
The tool uses downsampling and bit crushing algorithms. It combines the crispy taste of the digital realm with the warmth of the drive stage and analog modeled resonant filters along with a modulation section that enables users to add extra life to the sound. This is done by modulating any parameters. Apart from that, the sound palette accompanies the dirtiest effects and the super quality modulated colors. You can also experience all the classic and the weirdest bit-crushing effects. You can come across features including:
- You can resize the interface according to your convenience and enjoy a clean interface
- Tooltips and preferences are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French
- Modulation depth available for all parameters
- You can use file-based presets and access presets from the menu or the browser
This is one of the best glitch delay plugins that can help you create robot artifacts and musical malfunctions. One can create contorted signal mutations and can generate some classic delay effects. When you are using the plugin you will find that the input signal goes through a delay line on each stereo channel and gets to the stutter processor and then goes to the lowpass filter. From here it goes to another delay line on the opposite channel modulate and creates a chorus type effect. You can enjoy the plugin using features like:
- Free to use plugin that can help you get a lot of stuff done
- You can find delay effects with a lowpass filter, modulation effects and delay effects present in the feedback signal path
If you want to adjust the stereo width for your master using the Imager module then iZotope’s Ozone Imager is the ideal tool for you. It has the capacity of working with around 4 frequency bands and provides independent control over stereo width according to frequency. The tool has an integrated Vectroscope and a Correlation Meter that gives you valuable feedback on the mastering process and includes Polar Vectorscope modes and a Stereo Balance meter. Prominent features include:
- You can easily widen or narrow down the sound to fit in any mix
- You get the easiest way to spread out narrow-sounding synths and get your bass guitar positioned in the center.
- Using the Stereorize tool you can turn mono into stereo without the need of reverbing or doubling.
- The Stereorize II mode can be used to get a subtle enhancement or use the Stereorize I for a colorful phasing effect
This tool provides the best way to add analog warmth to digital productions. It is one of the best saturation plugins for people who want to produce some super cool music pieces. It is a free to use tool that can be used to flatten the bass lines and add some harmonics and shimmer the vocals or destroy the drum loop.
- It is very versatile to use
- Uses three modes including High, neutral and low to get three kinds of characters of distortion
- Add harmonics and shimmer to vocals
- Select your saturation according to your flavor and taste
Still think you can work without these plugins to produce a great masterpiece? Using the plugins and tools including the ones mentioned above can make things very easy for you. For people who want to learn using these tools, there are massive tutorials that can help you get through a lot of queries and problems that you might face while using the plugins.