When we talked about disk analyzer tools, WinDirStat cannot be skipped. This has gained the popularity of the best in the industry over the years. Although, if you get irritated by slow tools in the long run, this is not the best option. Plus, it has no option to port unless you have installed it.
So, Another huge disadvantage of using this is that you cannot save the scan results. Well, This is the reason why people have started looking for WinDirStat alternatives. Now, If you, too, are amongst them, then read the blog further and find the best alternatives to WinDirStat!
6 Best WinDirStat Alternatives In 2020
2. Disk Analyzer Pro
4. Disk Recon
This claims to be the best alternative to WinDirStat. Well, This disk space analyzer can quickly scan your hard disk and where your disk space. In case if you know which directories and subdirectories are consuming your file, you can efficiently manage them! Plus, it is available in several languages.
- This is super-fast as it uses MFT (Master File Table) and NTFS, same as search engines.
- This automatically sorts the directories, so you need not put in more effort.
- Now you can export comma-separated values to the clipboard and import them after you are done viewing.
This holds the top-most position in the list of WinDirStat alternatives. This is the reason behind this that the efficiency of this tool with which makes managing disk space relatively easy. Well, Disk Analyzer Pro scans and finds zero-byte files (computer files containing no data that still occupy disk space), compressed files, temporary Internet files, junk files, etc., swiftly.
So, Once you know the size and location of these, you can organize or get rid of them. Plus, you need not worry about its compatibility with your operating system because this goes along with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP.
- So, You can easily find and delete unwanted, temporary, and junk files.
- This helps you find and locate the oldest and largest files/folders.
- If you need to know about type, size, ownership, or when the files were last modified, there is no better tool than Disk Analyzer Pro.
The Treesize has a secure position in the list of WinDirStat alternatives. So, Using Treemap, it assesses the disk space and tells you where the disk space has been consumed. This is a freeware that works on Master File Table to reach high scanning speed. This has two versions that are free and paid. Now, You can opt for a paid version if you want to unlock pro features.
- This is small in space, fast and secure to use.
- Now, Produces quick results so that you can analyze things yourself.
- So, You can filter preview, & data protection is guaranteed.
This disk space utility unveils all the information you need to know about space utilization in your disk. So, With this, finding large files and folders, unused files that consume space, and duplicate files is as easy as snapping fingers. This is user-friendly and equally useful for IT professionals and everyday people!
- This supports the Unicode file and folder names.
- This has shell integration.
- Even though the local drivers and network drivers can be scanned.
This is a Freeware & portable tool which helps in organizing the disk space. This uses the concept of Treemap to view available space on a disk. So, The best part about this is that it leaves your current registry unaffected. Now, there is no setup file, just a Zip file which you can extract anywhere you wish to!
- This has a drag and drops support.
- Now, SpaceSniffer is equipped with powerful filtering & customization options as well.
- Plus, it fast scans your hard disk, which saves a lot of time.
Well, This is one of the freeware utility that traces how much disk space is being utilized and where. Now, You get the complete report in one go! Plus, you need to carry out a long and elaborated process to install this one! So, This program to manage your disk space is freely available for personal use and corporates as well! Suppose you have subscribed to the newsletter, you will get a quick notification when a new version has been released.
- This is effortless to use.
- Now, You need not be worried about compatibility as it goes with all versions of windows.
- Here, You can get an insight into the space consumed by directories and subdirectories as well.
Final Words :
There are several more alternatives to WinDirStat that can be used, but the best ones available are listed here! Do you know any better options? Do let us know about the alternatives in the comments box below!