CBD boasts being as effective for the canine species as it is for humans in promoting an enhanced quality of life with reduced severity of symptoms relating to health circumstances.
Many companies like Pet Hemp Company are manufacturing products that are specially designed for canines like dog treats with ingredients to ensure digestive health. These are a popular choice for pet parents and their furry companions with a wide variety of options to satisfy puppy’s tastes.
Sadly, there are substandard products to pay attention for on the market with the potential for harmful additives and contaminants in their substances with some excluding the cannabidiol altogether.
These make it critical for parents to ensure there is proper labeling indicating specifically what the product comprises with a certificate of analysis to confirm. It’s also wise to go online and check the company website for lab results to verify the brand passed third-party assessments.
How To Make Sure Your Dog’s CBD Treats Are Quality, Effective Products
When investing in any product for your furry companion, it’s wise to do extensive research to make sure there is no harm brought to the animal. That’s especially important for something that the canine will be ingesting like CBD dog treats. Find out how to select the best CBD dog treats at http://karmacatzendog.org/2020/03/09/how-to-choose-cbd-pet-treats/ .
The companies that produce these products overall follow the rules and regulations with the intent of contributing to the health of dogs. But there are some brands more interested in saving costs in an effort to earn as much in revenue as possible.
Several factors should be taken into consideration when making comparisons:
- Source/Quality Of Hemp: The treats need to be sourced from a reputable hemp farm noted as being clean in its practices and organic using a familiar extraction process. Using any other resource is not trustworthy. If extraction is done using a method that is not one of the conventional methods, but rather a subpar technique will produce be low quality results.
- Choosing Isolate VS Full Spectrum CBD: Manufacturers will either use a full spectrum product or an isolate. Many feel the full spectrum is better for pups as it offers all the terpenes and cannabinoids comprised in the hemp plant that as a group offer a “synergistic” result. This effect is not achieved with isolates because they contain only cannabidiol.
- The Other Components: Merely because the treats contain an adequate supply of the cannabidiol may not be sufficient for positive results if the other elements are poor. These will detract from the compound. Nutritional value in the other ingredients is vital, meaning they should also be as healthy and natural for the dog as the CBD.
- Reputation Of The Brand: You should always research brands when purchasing products of all types for your pets regardless of what it might be. You never know what type of effect it may have on the animal’s health, particularly things the pet will be consuming.
In order to narrow down the list a bit, you can seek out suggestions from someone knowledgeable like the dog’s vet. You’ll know when you’ve found the right supplier if they are transparent in their practice and open with reviews and testimonials from people who have used the treats for their pets.
- Price Point: The last thing of importance will be the price point. You never want to choose an edible based on the fact that it’s the cheapest option, but you will need to stay within your set budget. The price will depend on the cost per mg of the CBD for each individual treat along with the other premium ingredients. It’s important to remember that you will “get what you pay for,” and sometimes you need to pay a little extra in an effort to improve puppy’s health and well-being. Go here to learn how CBD can help the canine species.
It can be confusing determining what formula will have the greater effect for your dog, whether the treats will be more fast acting or if the oil has a higher potency. Both are administered orally.
- CBD Oils: While CBD oil is the raw, pure form deemed fast acting once the pup ingests it, it is administered using a dropper orally which can prove challenging. A dog generally won’t hold still long enough for a pet parent to pry his mouth open and have something dropped in. The doses need to be measured into the dropper, and if you miss the puppy’s mouth or squeeze some in and some out, you won’t know how much he received.
There is the option of mixing it in the wet food or letting it absorb into a treat, but it has a particularly distinct taste a puppy will either like or refuse.
- Dog Treats: Treats take longer to ‘kick-in,’ however the effects last much longer – as much as 8 hours. It’s much more probable that a dog will consume a flavorful treat as he would any snack instead of the bitter oil. These also have the ideal dosing with the capability of merely counting treats to reach the desired amount.
The consensus seems to be that dogs favor the treats. Not many pups will turn away a chance to have a snack. When dosing, remember to follow the vet’s advice and read the manufacturer’s guidelines on the packaging that comes with the products.
The suggestion is always to start with the smallest dose for your dog’s weight, size, and condition, and work up from that point to the desired effect. Once there, the puppy should enjoy a healthier, happier lifestyle.