It is recommended that you use Apple AirPods in conjunction with your iPhone or Mac, as they are top-of-the-line wireless Bluetooth headphones. However, you can pair and use AirPods with non-Apple devices like Android phones, Windows PCs, or Chromebooks because they’re not iOS-exclusive. At first, the pairing process may seem more complicated than on other Apple products, but it becomes much more straightforward as you get the hang of it. Here is how to connect AirPods to Chromebook in just a few steps.
How to Connect AirPods to a Chromebook
Although AirPods may be used with any Bluetooth-enabled device, you won’t be able to use all of the capabilities that come with an Apple device if you use them on a non-Apple device. For example, Siri won’t be able to respond to your queries, and the battery status of your AirPods won’t be displayed on your device.
You can install a battery-monitoring app on your smartphone or tablet if you want. If you use an app like Assistant Trigger, you can activate Google Assistant by double-tapping an earbud.
No matter what kind of AirPods you have or what manufacturer, you can easily connect them to a Chromebook. When you’re not using your Chromebook, you’ll want to remove the AirPods from the device.
Close any video or audio apps on your Apple devices before connecting your AirPods to your Chromebook, as these may cause issues when trying to connect to a Chromebook.
Connecting AirPods to Chromebook
1. To begin the connection procedure, you must first turn on your Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings. Next, select the network icon at the bottom right of your screen, near the digital clock and battery icon, to open the menu on your Chromebook.
2. In addition to alerts, WiFi, and Bluetooth, you’ll find them all in the menu on the left. Activate the Bluetooth connection if it’s not already on.
3. To begin searching for wireless devices in the vicinity, turn on Bluetooth on your Chromebook. Because Bluetooth connections tend to drain batteries quickly, keep your AirPods charging case with the AirPods inside.
4. If you’re using a Chromebook, the AirPods should display in the list of nearby wireless devices. Wait for your Chromebook to detect the AirPods by pressing the Setup button on the rear of the charging case.
5. Now, go to the list of Bluetooth Available Devices on your Chromebook and choose your AirPods from the list.
Note: The AirPods’ Bluetooth connection will be broken if you are more than 20 feet from your Chromebook.
6. Follow the instructions on your Chromebook to validate the changes you’ve made. Your AirPods charging case LED light will turn green after the devices are connected and paired with your Chromebook. Additionally, your Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings will indicate that it is connected.
You’ve successfully linked, and now you can customize the sound on your Chromebook itself.
How to Disconnect AirPods From a Chromebook
Simply place your AirPods back in the case and close the lid when not in use or when you want to take a break from listening to podcasts or music. In addition to disabling them from your Chromebook, charging them will also be accomplished.
It’s not difficult to connect AirPods to any Bluetooth-enabled device. I sincerely hope this guide ”why aren’t my AirPods Connecting to my Chromebook” help you. Please share your experience in the below comments section.