How do I uninstall & reinstall Minecraft? The Minecraft has been a revolutionary game in modern times. The sheer potential in the game and caused worldwide acclaim is a massive milestone in the gaming community. So, Designing towns, cities, arenas, and even entire worlds have never been more engaging!
If your old PC is starting to give out, you’re switching computers, or you want to take your Minecraft to your next PC, you will want to know how to reinstall Minecraft properly.
Throughout the article, we are going to show you how to uninstall & reinstall Minecraft Windows 10 and then reinstall it Again wherever you want it. Suppose you want a fresh start to the game. We’re going to explain how you can do that too.
How do I Uninstall & Reinstall Minecraft?
For newcomers, you should know that there are many ways you can learn how to delete Minecraft, but in this article, we are going to talk specifically about how we prefer to do it. A simple, easy, and effective way.
Note: To reinstall Minecraft smoothly, it’s important not to delete or remove the launcher file (with the “.exe” extension). It’s the file you use to start the game. Well, Your launcher doesn’t contain any data by itself, and we will need it later. Suppose you have already or accidentally deleted the launcher. You can go to the official Minecraft website & download it again.
Here is a step-by-step guide of how this works:
- First, we are going to delete Minecraft. Well, Open up your command runner in Windows by pressing the Windows key and the “R” button;
- Then, type in “%appdata%” (you can copy and paste this command without the speech marks). Now, After you press the “Enter” key, you will enter into what’s known as the “Roaming” folder;
- Next, In this folder, navigate to the file or the application you’re trying to reinstall. Since we’re looking to uninstall Minecraft for now, open up that folder completely;
- Here is where you can prevent your worlds from being deleted. Now, Find the folder named “saves” and copy it anywhere out of “Roaming” (the “Desktop” is recommended so that it’s easier to find later). It will help us recover data once we reinstall Minecraft;
- Now, Return to the “Roaming” folder and delete the folder for Minecraft;
- Control your Minecraft launcher. Suppose you accidentally deleted it, you can download it again from the official Minecraft website as mentioned above;
- Here, Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the installation process to finish;
- This game may launch automatically once it’s finished installing. Well, Close the launcher. Firstly, we are going to recover your previous worlds;
- Copy & Paste the “Saves” folder into the Minecraft folder in the “Roaming” directory. Suppose you have already closed this. You can open it up again. Refer to Step 2. You will be prompted by Windows for a confirmation asking if you want to overwrite the files. So, say yes to everything;
- Now, Launch the game.
Well-wishings! You have just studied how to uninstall Minecraft on Windows 10 & then reinstall it without losing any of your data! Of course, the process works differently if you are looking to learn how to delete Minecraft on a Mac or another platform.
Does Uninstalling Minecraft Delete Worlds?
Well, You may be worried about that, but the answer is no! So, At least, not with the method we mentioned.
Other Methods to Reinstall Minecraft
We have mentioned earlier that there are many ways you can learn how to reinstall Minecraft. Whether you don’t fancy our preferred method, here are some other ways you can accomplish the same task:
- Uninstall Minecraft completely: If you’re looking for a fresh start, then you don’t need to have any trouble saving your files. On Windows 10, you can enter the control panel and go to “Uninstall a program.” You can also directly find and open this menu from the search bar. Locate the app once the pop-up menu is shown and double-click to uninstall Minecraft. You can then uninstall it from the official site or another source and reinstall it.
- Uninstaller Apps: To uninstall Minecraft from your PC, you can also use third-party software. The most popular applications, such as CCleaner, have navigation menus where you can find Minecraft uninstall choices. This functionality is also included in most anti-virus applications, so all you need to do is test it a bit.
Also, Check :
Well, there are plenty of ways to uninstall & reinstall Minecraft. So, No matter which one you select, you’ll end up with a new app that’s ready for your creative talents to be explored.
To reiterate, now that you know how you reinstall Minecraft, there’s no need to worry about losing data if you follow the mentioned steps. Now, Uninstalling Minecraft does not necessarily delete any of your progress in the game either. Here, You can choose to create a copy of your saved data in the game at any point & use it later to restore your data.
Leave a Reply