We live in the era of the cord-cutters. I think this would be a time marked in history when people moved on from cable TV to online streaming. However, with everything new, there are several questions involved. Nowadays, Netflix versus Hulu has been the hot debate among many. Of course, a lot of us cannot afford both so we want to know which one is better for our entertainment needs. However, there is not enough information we have to make an informed decision that we shall not regret later.
Therefore, I took out the time and compared several aspects of both services to ensure that once you reach the end of this article you already would have made up your mind. Before we proceed let me clear one thing out though. The internet service provider you choose to have an internet connection from is of prime importance here. You must be wondering why, well, you can always call the Spectrum customer service number and find out for yourself. There’s hardly any provider more comprehensively equipped than this. However, you can choose whichever provider works better in your area, as long as the connectivity is steady, these streaming services will work just fine.
Netflix and Hulu are the two biggest online streaming services of our time, offering thousands of on-demand movies and TV shows/series.
Netflix started-off by renting videos through the mail without any return dates or late fees. In 2007, they launched their movie streaming service and by 2012, they had started creating original content. Now it has come to a point where almost every smart device supports Netflix.
Right behind Netflix, Hulu that is owned by NBC launched its streaming service in 2008. However, their prime focus was on TV shows and series, unlike Netflix. It is one of the fastest-growing streaming services in the market offering live TV, premium ad-on and hundreds of on-demand choices.
So let us go on and see the popular features both these services offer in order for you to decide which one suits you better.
- The ever-evolving content library offers over 5000 movie titles.
- Hundreds of TV series are also available.
- Many more choices are available in the IMDb top 250 selection.
- Netflix seems to be expanding fast in the original content area.
- A catalog of episodes for all the TV shows on Netflix is available.
- Complete seasons of original content can be accessed at once.
- The basic plan is priced at $8.99/month.
- Free trials are available depending on the chosen plan.
- User-friendly interface that remains the same for all devices.
- You can save movies and series in “My List”.
- Content recommendations are offered according to your taste.
- A maximum of 5 profiles can be created on all the plans.
- You can stream simultaneously on a maximum of 4 screens.
- Over 2900 TV series and around 2500 movies are accessible by the subscriber.
- Hulu also offers original TV shows and movies.
- Next day airing of ABC, Fox, and NBC TV shows are one of the most attractive features.
- The basic plan is priced at $5.99/month but is ad-supported.
- Gain access to ABC, Fox, CBS, NBC, TNT, FX, USA, CNN, Fox News, ESPN, Fox Sports 1 and MSNBC with Hulu & Live TV bundle.
- Hulu & Disney+ bundle is the best choice for Disney fans.
- Premium channels (HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME, and Cinemax) also offer access to their shows through Hulu.
- Just like Netflix, free trials are available depending on the chosen plan.
- A uniform interface is offered on all Hulu compatible devices.
- You can save movies and series in “My Stuff” and also receive notifications for new episodes of these shows.
- Content recommendations are offered as per your taste.
- A maximum of 6 profiles can be created on all the plans.
- You can access Hulu on an unlimited number of screens for an additional fee.
So, the bottom line is that if you like to watch lots of TV shows right when they come out then you’ll be much happier with Hulu. However, if you love watching lots of movies and appreciate original content then Netflix can be your best friend. The choice is all yours.