A famous bug that occurs instantly while playing Minecraft on a PC is the Minecraft Black Screen issue. Many users have mostly encountered this error as they try to log in to the game. It makes your home screen stuck, thus restricting this game’s smooth operation. Follow this simple guide if you are a gamer and want to eliminate this problem on your computer.
Several factors cause this Minecraft Black Screen problem on the machine. A third-party antivirus software, defective driver, change of graphics settings, 3D view mode, SLI model, or not supported java archives could be the potential culprit. Running the compatibility mode or fixing the defective graphics driver is a simple way to resolve the Minecraft Black Screen problem. The usage of the CTRL+ ALT+DEL shortcut may be the other resolution. Let’s discuss in depth the solutions.
Here is How to Solve the Minecraft Black Screen Issue on Windows
Here are Easy workarounds to Solve the Minecraft Black Screen issue on Windows 10
1. Disable Stereoscopic 3D Feature
Many graphic cards support the Stereoscopic 3D feature, but few games do not support this tool. As a consequence, there is a problem. This leads to Minecraft’s black screen problem when this option is allowed. To fix this bug, the best solution here is:
Move to the Control Panel and check your system’s mounted graphics card. Disable the same once detected. Try to re-run your Minecraft game now. I hope there’s no problem with the black screen this time.
2. Uninstall third-Party Antivirus
The working theory of multiple applications is influenced by the use of antivirus programs by third parties. Often it prevents the efficient running of Minecraft or other games. As a consequence, when the play starts on these games, the black screen will take place.
If you encounter a black screen problem with Minecraft, checking your antivirus software should be your first move. Look again to see whether or not the Minecraft game has been blocked on your PC. To understand this, add and review Minecraft to the list of anti-malware exclusions. If you are sure that the running antivirus disabled Minecraft, uninstall it and reinstall the antivirus software. Try rerunning Minecraft on your PC once it is finished.
Follow the steps to uninstall the antivirus program:
- First, At first, open Control Panel and choose the Program and Features category.
- Now, select the installed antivirus software from the list and hit the Uninstall button.
- Next, Again click Uninstall to remove this program altogether.
Note: The built-in Windows Defender program can be used to protect your device from malicious file attacks. Try the next workaround if uninstalling the third party doesn’t allow you to solve the problem.
3. Disable The SLI Mode
A useful tool to improve the system’s performance is the SLI feature. This can lead to numerous bugs, however. Using more than one SLI graphics card will cause problems with Minecraft’s black screen. This bug can be solved by disabling the SLI mode. And thus, without any interference, you can play Minecraft.
4. Disable 3D Display Mode Feature
If the Minecraft game begins to freeze due to the black screen, the issue may be linked to changes in settings. This nagging problem could be resolved by disabling 3D Display under the Settings app, as per many users’ views. Here is how you can proceed:
- To launch Settings, press Win and I shortcut.
- Navigate to the Device Tab here.
- Switch to the right pane, under the Show line. Now scroll down the mouse and click Advanced Monitor Configuration.
- Look for and inactivate the 3D Display Mode feature.
- Finally, try to re-start this tool and check whether or not the Minecraft Black Screen problem has been resolved.
Note: The 3D Display Mode is not supported on every system. If your device does not have this choice or fails to reconcile the problem, try the next solution.
5. Try Using a Different File Archiver Software
Through the use of the Win Zip program, this problem can be easily solved. In general, this problem arises in the Java version of the game. Your device must allow the process to unzip the file when attempting the java-oriented file.
6. Use Ctrl + Alt + Del Shortcut
Give this shortcut a try if the Minecraft Black Screen problem tends to cling to your home screen. The full process is here:
- Start the game with Minecraft as usual.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del when the black screen is shown.
- Here, to go back to the Windows screen, press Cancel.
- If the game’s home screen pops up, enjoy the game without any hassle.
Note: If you find the above solution helpful, use this shortcut when the game is stuck on a black screen.
7. Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
This Minecraft Black Screen problem on your PC also happens often while running the game in compatibility mode. Compatibility Mode is a Windows 10 built-in feature. This is used to run the previous program, which might not be fully pleased with your Windows OS. Here is the procedure to follow—
- Go to the Minecraft Cortana and sort. Click on the well-matched file again to open it.
- Right-click it, and from the context menu, pick Assets.
- Choose the Compatibility tab, then pick the “Run this program in compatibility mode for.” checkbox.
- On the drop-down menu, press the down-cursor. And pick the OS version of your choosing, then press the Submit and OK button.
- Try to try to play Minecraft again once the assignment is done. Now, check whether or not the problem has been solved.
8. Run the Game with Integrated GPU
Most PCs have in-built graphics, both integrated and dedicated. Dedicated graphics work better than combined at all times. However, this can cause the Minecraft Black Screen problem if you are on the dedicated graphics.
If dedicated graphics causes the problem, try running Minecraft using your device’s built-in graphics. To do so, right-Tap the shortcut and choose ‘Run with the graphics processor.’
If this method actually works, you need to use the default Minecraft graph and update your Dedicated Graphics as soon as possible.
Note: It’s merely a temporary solution. This could come back on your PC again if the problem is resolved.
9. Reinstall Graphics Card Drivers
In general, the in-game Minecraft Black Screen problem can also be triggered by the defective or obsolete graphics card driver. You need to uninstall this driver & reinstall it again in order to solve this issue. It’s a pretty simple operation. Take the steps below—
- To open Start, press the Win logo & X hotkey.
- From the list, pick the System Manager.
- Look for and extend the graphics card driver now.
- Right-click on it, & select the option to uninstall the computer.
- To approve the changes, press the Uninstall button again.
- Click the Search for Hardware Changes icon when the driver is successfully disabled.
- Go to the official manufacturer’s website now. As per your system architecture, download the latest of the graphics device driver.
- Once the process is complete, check whether the problem with the Minecraft Black Screen is still present.
Note: This default setting of the device driver is, by default, not optimized. Therefore, this may result in specific issues in your system.
Also, Check :
Minecraft Black Screen problems can be very troublesome, but these issues are triggered by your settings or drivers in most situations. Now you need to be able to use one of our solutions to handle the Minecraft Black Screen issue.