PeopleSoft software is a popular tool used by human resource departments. There are different PeopleSoft applications used mostly by large corporations, such as human resource management systems (HRMS), financials and supply chain management (FSCM), enterprise performance management (EPM), and customer relationship management (CRM). Moving PeopleSoft to the cloud brings tons of benefits, more than you can imagine.
So, how can your business benefit from migrating PeopleSoft to cloud? Learn more about PeopleSoft to cloud migration below.
What Is PeopleSoft To Cloud Migration?
Peoplesoft to cloud migration refers to shifting from traditional data storage and processing to cloud. The cloud storage system works via servers, and can only be accessed over the Internet, including databases and software running the servers. It means that embracing cloud technology would eliminate the need for companies to use physical servers or run software applications.
Benefits Of PeopleSoft To Cloud Migration
PeopleSoft focuses on integrated systems as a global enterprise technology, making it one of the most comprehensive and modern business software providers in the world. Over the last few years, PeopleSoft has embraced a cloud-based model. This business software still runs on any private or public cloud storage system. Still, PeopleSoft highly recommends setting the software to run on the Oracle Cloud, which is migrating from PeopleSoft to cloud.
But, what are the benefits of cloud-converted PeopleSoft?
- Avail Computing Resource On Demand For Scalability
Businesses using Peoplesoft don’t need to invest in specific software or additional hardware to upscale onsite IT infrastructure. With cloud technology, businesses can avail of computing resources as needed, allowing easier downscale or upscale.
- Improve The Efficiency Of Business Operations
Because businesses can embrace PeopleSoft to cloud migration, it means that you can integrate your enterprise system and cloud-based services seamlessly.
Here are the advantages of improved business operations efficiency:
- It helps you focus on other major aspects of your business, like sales and marketing.
- Modernizing and interconnecting your existing applications become a lot easier, improving employee productivity and business operations.
- Your team can easily access the updated versions without managing complex software configuration.
- Strengthen Data Security
Using PeopleSoft is generally safe, thanks to its built-in security features. However, saving your data on physical servers or external hard drives usually come with greater risks as compared to cloud storage solutions.
Cloud computing enables businesses not just to enhance data accessibility, but data security as well. Authorized users can access cloud-stored data over the Internet without any physical machinery. When handling security issues, cloud providers keep business data secured proactively through automatic updates of security mechanisms. Cloud-stored data are more secure as compared to the stored data in onsite data centers.
- Improve Business Intelligence
With the cloud, small or big businesses can benefit from enhancing business intelligence, allowing maximizing the use of customer data and other high-volume data or the so-called “big data”. Natural language processing (NLP) and data mining are just some of the cloud-based technologies that help businesses organize their PeopleSoft data.
With PeopleSoft to cloud conversion, you can improve your business intelligence using techniques and technologies to view your business holistically. You can leverage your business intelligence by:
- Using the cloud to monitor consumer behaviors, such as buying patterns
- Supervising your employees more effectively without spending too much time troubleshooting or handling complex systems
- Promoting better client and investor relationships
- Having a more effective hiring and recruitment process
- Make Your Business Thrive
The creation and implementation of a more robust continuity plan for your business are easier with PeopleSoft to cloud migration. It is because disaster recovery solutions are more cost-efficient than setting and managing an onsite data center. Also, with a cloud-based service, applications are readily available and functional.
FAQs About Cloud Migration
- How does cloud infrastructure work?
The cloud provider, such as Oracle, allows provisioning of cloud-based services on demand over the Internet. It provides data as a service (DaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS), and platform as a service (PaaS). These cloud-based services build, deploy, extend, and integrate applications via the cloud.
- How do you migrate to the cloud?
While your IT team can perform the conversion, you can always hire a PeopleSoft to cloud migration experts to help you with the process.
The steps of a data migration plan generally include the following:
- Identification of data you’ll be migrating. Find out its location, format, and sensitivity to avoid critical errors.
- Plan the size and scope of your project to determine appropriate solutions.
- Make sure to back up all data to avoid data loss or compromise.
- Assess your migration tool and make sure your team has the right knowledge and skills before launch.
- Data migration plan execution follows migration rules. Make sure to closely monitor the migration process to determine and resolve issues promptly.
- After the migration, make sure that all data migrated are available and correct.
- Conducting regular full system audit is a must.
- Why choose Oracle when migrating PeopleSoft to cloud?
Oracle provides a complete set of tools, instructions, and guidelines that help migrate existing Oracle Cloud resources, like PeopleSoft to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. By implementing PeopleSoft to cloud conversion, everything is seamless and convenient.
- Are there any risks involved in cloud migration?
Like any other business system operations, there are always risks involved, such as incompatibility with the existing system, data loss, unwanted latency, and wasted cost. However, there are a lot of recommended solutions to avoid such problems, such as localizing and optimizing the network, establishing multi-cloud connectivity, autoscaling, rightsizing your workloads, and auditing your tech infrastructure. PeopleSoft to cloud migration involves a few risks as compared to its counterparts.
PeopleSoft to cloud migration provides better business opportunities. With cloud technology’s easy accessibility, more secured features, and superior data storage functionality, businesses can focus more on sales and marketing. Also, making decisions is a lot more accurate, faster, and sounder.
By taking PeopleSoft to cloud, you can improve your employees’ productivity, which means more sales and more new opportunities for your business. It’s high time to manage big data by embracing Peoplesoft to cloud conversion for more seamless business operations.