What can I do to fix the Xfinity router blinking orange? If you need more clarification on it, read this post right away! Here, ForTech lists the error’s potential causes and accessible fixes.
Xfinity Router Blinking Router Causes
There are several possible causes for the Xfinity router blinking orange issue. The most popular ones are listed below.
- Scheduled repair or outage.
- Weak connections or faulty wires.
- Harm to the splitter.
- Firmware that needs to be updated or corrected.
- Heat issues (insufficient heat dissipation).
- Overloading the modem.
Check your cable damage, connection damage, or splitter damage to solve the issue based on the factors mentioned above; if the Xfinity router blinking orange with no Internet, try the solutions listed in this post.
Xfinity Modem Lights Meanings
This section provides a summary of typical Xfinity modem/router light meanings.
- Unblinking white light or white light with a light purple hue – These signs suggest that your device is operational and functioning properly all the way through.
- Blinking white light or a blinking white light with a purple hue – It means that your product still has to be fully activated.
- Solid red light – It indicates that you don’t have a working Internet connection.
- Blue flashing light – Your product attempts to establish a wireless connection with another device.
- Orange/yellow light – It takes a long time for your device to connect to the Internet.
- Green light – It means the connection is stable, and there are no connectivity concerns. The connection may be shaky if the light blinks.
How To Fix Xfinity Router Blinking Orange?
Hold Off Until The Update Process Is Complete
One possible indication that the Xfinity router is upgrading its firmware is the orange light on the device is blinking. In this situation, you should wait for the update procedure to be finished. You will often have to wait at least fifteen minutes for the update installation to be finished. That will resolve the issue with the Xfinity modem blinking orange.
Tips: To ensure that your router functions properly, software updates are essential. They may also fix several faults and bugs that damage your device.
Reboot Router Or Modem
To resolve the Xfinity modem/router blinking orange issue, you can reboot your modem or router. This action, according to user feedback, can repair the issue and restore operations. To restart your modem or router, disconnect it from the outlet and plug it back in. Check to see whether the Xfinity modem is blinking orange after the router or modem restarts. Try the other fixes in the post if not.
Check If ISP Has Outages
You will experience the Xfinity modem/router blinking orange issue if there is a server outage. This is particularly true if the modem/router’s light blinks long. Both the XFi and Xfinity My Account applications are available for download from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, and they may be used to check service disruptions. As an alternative, check the company’s website to find out whether there are any localized service interruptions. After that, you’ll have to wait for the service to resume. To seek assistance if the service outage lasts longer than anticipated, contact your Internet service provider.
Verify Whether Your Computer Meets The Router’s System Requirements
Check if your computer satisfies the router’s minimal system requirements if the Xfinity router blinking orange and there is no Internet issue after you set it up. Your PC can only function effectively or efficiently if it fulfills the requirements for the Xfinity router. After that, you’ll notice sluggish speeds and poor signals.
Tips: Depending on the particular Xfinity router type, there are different minimum system requirements.
The bare minimum prerequisites consist of the following.
- Operating system – Mainstream Microsoft – or Apple-supported OS
- CPU – Quad-Core Intel Core i5
- Ethernet – Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable
- Browser – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer
To resolve the Xfinity router blinking orange, there is no Internet problem in this scenario; update your computer. Upgrade PC components according to your circumstances.
Resetting the router is the only way to fix the router blinking orange issue. By doing those steps, you can achieve it.
- Switch off any linked devices to your router, including your computer.
- Unplug the router’s power cable.
- Replug the power cord after a 60-second pause.
- Inspect the router’s status light.
Alternatively, use the Reset option to reset your router’s factory settings.
The Bottom Line:
How can the Xfinity router blinking orange be fixed? Read this post right now if you’re searching for a solution! It offers you five fixes.